Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mr. T. Speaks II

I had so much fun thinking about a talking turkey yesterday that Mr. Turkey had to have something today too.  This is still in two voices.

"Gobble! Gobble!"
Said Mr. Turkey,
                              trying to make himself thinner .
"Gobble! Gobble!"
Said Mr. Turkey.
                             "I don't want to be Thanksgiving dinner."



  And since I started the counting yesterday let's see if I can keep it going today.

On the second of November
Mr. Turkey ran off in a trot.
He cried, "It's almost Thanksgiving,
and I just forgot."

   Can you find some time to write your own poem of Thanksgiving today?  Have fun writing your poem.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    What a fun project. What if Mr. T. wears a different disguise each day. For example: Today, he could wear a girdle, a dress, and a ladies hat. On another day, he could dress up like the farmer and go out and pitch hay. What fun an illustrator could have with these and you too. Have fun with your counting poems and verses that make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions Linda. I hadn't thought of wearing different clothing each day.

      Delete