Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Swing

Joy Acey 2017

My chicken is a dancing bird,
he really loves the swing.
And every time the sun comes up
we ALL can hear him sing.

  I had fun playing with another bird today.  I'm finding if I use that big U shaped body, I can draw lots of different animals with small heads. (I sketched a hippo, a bear, a cat and a pig.) I had fun playing with my water colors today.  What did you do today that was fun?

  I also played with painting flowers on a vine.

Joy Acey, 2017
  What are you aware of today?  Today, I'm trying to be aware of the vibrations I'm sending out into the Universe.  I want it to be a glorious, happy, positive day.
  I have a friend who told me her mother will not let her into the kitchen to help make meals when my friend is mad or angry.  Her mother says it affects the the food and everyone who eats it will taste the anger.
  Can you write a poem about something you are aware of today?  Have fun writing.


Poetry Friday

Today is Poetry Friday and Keri is hosting the round up on her blog at Keri Recommends.  You'll find more great poetry by folloing her link.


















2 comments:

  1. I like your big-bodied chicken, Joy! Your story about your friend not being let into the kitchen reminded me of "Like Water for Chocolate." Have you read or seen that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dancing chicken poem and picture, Joy. I also like that you experiment with various mediums in your artwork - and poetry - and we get to see the results!
    Awareness is so important - the Universe always notices and reflects back what we give out. =)

    ReplyDelete