Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Progressive Poem

WHAT IS POETRY?
 
Poetry is man's rebellion against being what he is. --James Branch Cabell

  It is finding the truth, no need to lie.
  It's munching on watermelon and letting seeds fly.
 
  It's a letter that comes with a card in the mail.
  It's the lacy silver threads left by a garden snail. 
 
  It's daffodil trumpets covering the hill.
  It's a deer at the creek, drinking her fill.
 
  It's giggling and laughing and being absurd.
  It's reading a haiku and feeling each word. 


  It's a dragon who blows flames, loud and hardy.

  It's fairies in the garden having a tea party.

 
  It's the sound of a truck shifting its gears.

  It's the feel of two soft puppy ears.

  It's a bright sun rise and glowing moon shine.


    This is the progressive poem I'm writing for National Poetry Month.   Each day I'll add a line and change the epigraph.  I'm hoping I can keep this up for the entire month.  Can you write your own list poem today about things that are soft?  If that doesn't work try writing about things that are hard.  What ever you do have fun.  I'm going for a picnic in the park today.

No comments:

Post a Comment