Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Two Sheep


Two wooly sheep
sat under a tree
listening to the buzz
of a bumble bee.

One sheep said,
"That song's full of honey."
"Yes," said the other,
"But I think it's funny."

Both sheep laughed
and had a good day
listening to the bees
buzzing away.

   Happy Poetry Friday.  I hope you are having a great day.  This poem is definitely a draft.  I wrote it to go with the picture I drew which was a lot of fun.
For your poetry challenge for today, can you draw your own picture and write a poem to go with it? Otherwise find a picture you like from a magazine to write about.  Have fun writing.



   To find more poetry, buzz over to the Round Up, hosted this week by Irene Latham on her blog Live Your Poem.  Thank you, Irene ,for hosting the party.
Image result for POETRY FRIDAY LOGO

If you believe, you will achieve.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the picture, the song full of honey and the invitation to write a poem inspired by an image--I did that with a photo this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this easy, breezy, sheepy poem and picture, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sheep are funny and happy chasing that buzzing bee. What a fun poem. I am looking at a card you sent. Maybe there's a giraffe poem waiting? Thanks for keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you would put bees and sheep in the same poem, Joy! Thank you for this fun poem which totally makes me smile. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we all focused on the bees instead of the news, we might all have good days! Great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One sheep is sitting on his fluff, not his duff. I hope you have even more fun with revisions. I liked the art and the story you're weaving. It reminded me of Ferdinand the Bull.

    ReplyDelete