Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, November 21, 2016

DREY

I learned a new 
word today.
A squirrel's nest
is called a drey.


Snug his drey
perched in a tree
is where Mr. Squirrel
wants to be.

   
     I love learning new words, especially if the word is short, simple and one I think I should have learned years ago.  Do you know the word drey?  For a fun challenge today, can you use a dictionary to find a word you don't know.  Then use that word in a poem.  Have fun hunting for your special word.

Let me show gratitude for gifts from the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment