Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, July 8, 2017




In bed
while you dream,
I'm walking
on moonbeams.

I'm tiptoeing
over stars,
and waltzing
toward Mars.

While dreams
float your way,
I dance along
the Milky Way.

And to my delight
we both
whisper, good night.


Did you see the full moon last night?  I think that is what had me thinking of a moon poem.  Actually, in the back of my mind I'm still crafting a poem from the perspective of the moon.  Have you ever thought of all the things the moon has seen?  It has been up there for a really long time.  This is sort of like the statement that I'm breathing the same air that Socrates and Plato breathed.
Can you try writing your own poem to a planet today?  Have fun.

1 comment:

  1. I love the images of walking on moonbeams and waltzing toward Mars. The moom is magical.

    ReplyDelete