Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, August 22, 2011

CLOUDS







face
fish
a plane
or a dish
constantly changing
all day clouds blowing me away



      The form of this poem is a fib. It is a six line poem with each syllable count adding with the lines before for a pattern of 1/1/2/3/5/8.  Are there clouds for you to watch today?  Can you write a poem about something your clouds inspire? 

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I'm thinking outside the box (suggestion).

    Fibs

    White
    lies,
    falsehoods
    hide the truth.
    Big, fat, boldfaced lies--
    unafraid of discovery.

    Linda Andersen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Linda, this is a great FIB. The title of the form comes from Fibonacci's number. I like that you've written a poem about fibs. What fun. Well done. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete