Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Rock

So, since I'm on a roll with rocks--oh this is so bad....

THE ROCK

Sandstone, quartz, granite
A stone, is a stone, is a stone.

Formed from pressure
It rolls into the creek.

Rippling water burbles
Around it, wears it smooth.

Moss grows, we see only
The hard dark outside.

Tap it and hear music.
Trapped inside is sunshine.


     Can you find your own rock that speaks to you?  Can you write a poem about what the rock has to tell you?  Rock on!   

1 comment:

  1. But is it the sage rock? That is the quest. All these poems about rocks has made me think of the comic B.C. Do you read it ever? If not, maybe you should. You might be inspired even more!

    I read an expression today nd thought of you: Between a rock and a hard place. :)

    ReplyDelete