Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

ORANGES

On this chilly morning
Red clouds
Arch the sky
Near citrus trees
Growing globes of fruit
Erupting in the 
Scent of sunshine


     Do you like the smell of oranges?  I do.  I couldn't think of what to write this morning and I was eating an orange.  I was going to write a haiku about oranges, but then I thought an acrostic would let me say more.  It is hard to write a short succinct
haiku that says everything you want it to.  So, here is your poetry challenge for today, can you write your own acrostic about a piece of fruit?  Can you use the letters to tell us something about the fruit, who eats it, or what it is used for or smells like?  Have fun writing your poem.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    A few weeks ago, I ate some red grapes and I traveled back in time to my childhood of eating grapes from my Christmas stocking. Wonderful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I always got a banana in the toe of my stocking. My mom always talked about getting an orange. And I'd get a box of raisins in my stocking too. But, fresh rapes at Christmas sounds like a wonderful treat. Did they have seeds in them?
    Thank you for stopping by and reading my poem. I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete