Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, January 23, 2016

modern haiku





yellow and green
holly leaves sway
sharp and smooth


Yahoo, I finally got out my water colors today.  This is an old postcard I wrote at one of the North Carolina Haiku Holidays.  Every year on the last Saturday of April, the North Carolina Haiku Society meets at Bolin Brook Farm and takes a ginko (a haiku walk) for people to write their haiku.
  Today I sketched the picture to go with my haiku and then painted it.  I think I was fascinated with how waxy and pretty the leaves were, but still very sharp.  Those points can hurt.

Can you try writing your own haiku today, and then try making a picture to go with it.  Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment