Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Pole

HAPPINESS

Everyday in the afternoon
at school
for two weeks
we practiced dance steps,
 grabbing of hands,
weaving bright ribbons
around a May Pole.

On the day of the spring performance
I wore a new buttercup sundress
my mother made.
It had straps tied
in bows on my shoulders.

Before I put on the dress
Mother showed me
how to shave under my arms.
My mother showed me
steps to becoming a woman.

Do girls and boys learn how to weave the May Pole at the schools in your town?

Sorry this is so late today, I spent the whole day at the hospital in the emergency room so they could tell us that my husband didn't have the flu, or a stroke, or heart attack.  What he does have is idiopathic vertigo--the Roy Williams disease.  That is really great news.

I have another good May poem for you tomorrow, come back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment