Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Night Songs

I love this time of year because we open the windows to the breezes, but sometimes that can cause problems.

NIGHT SONGS

My windows are open
to the evening breeze.
I hear crickets
scratch their knees.

Cicadas have a
raucous roar.
They keep raving
more, more, MORE!

The bullfrog chants
like a bassoon.
Croak, croak, CROAK
to the moon.

The tree frog sings
a chirpy peep.
Is it any wonder
I
CAN'T
SLEEP!

Do you ever lie in bed and listen to the sounds of the night?  When I can't sleep, it's what I do.  Try writing a poem about the things you hear.   I have another night poem planned for tomorrow, so come back.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    Delightful! You should read Niki Schoenfeldt's PB called Nature's Lullaby. You'd like it.

    Linda A.

    ReplyDelete