Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Can't Sit Still

Today is an amazing day.
I 'll celebrate in my special way.

My pen writes
squiggle, squiggle, squiggle.

My toes move
wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

My leg dances
jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Tickle me, I
giggle, giggle, giggle.

I'm doing my happy dance.

     I hope today is a happy day for you.  What are some of the things that make you happy?  Can you make a list of those things?  What do you do when you are happy?  Can you write a poem about it to celebrate being you.  You are a very special person.  There is no one else like you.  Thank you for sharing poetry with me.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    Wiggles and jiggles galore.
    Have me laughing on the floor.
    I can't stop, not matter what.
    Wiggles and jiggles are in my gut.

    Love, Joan
    http://www.joanyedwards.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, done.
    Keep having fun.
    I like your
    poem.

    JOY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, you keep those poetry rhythms flowing. What great mental exercises and oh so much fun. Please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete