Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, October 10, 2011

My Dog

*MUNCH*
*CRUNCH*
*SLURP*
*MOAN*

My dog is chewing
 his rawhide bone.

     It has been a busy day.  I've been working on my homework for the drawing class I'm taking and so this poem is written on the spur of the moment.  But it is another sound poem.
Happy Christopher Columbus Day.  Did you know that Christopher Columbus named America after his teacher Amerigo Vespucci?  He is the one who taught Christopher and his brother Bartelomew how to draw and label maps.  If you'd like to read my Columbus acrostic poem, check out the archives for Tuesday, April 26, 2011.   So when you become famous, remember your teacher.  Now try writing a poem that tells what you are famous for.  Go ahead and use your imagination for this one.  Push your ideas over the top until they are silly.  Maybe you are the first person to turn into a dog, or a giraffe, or a tortoise.
     Make today special for yourself and others.  Celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment