Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Crazy Day

Hey, it is Wednesday--middle of the week day.  I hope it is a good day, just right for you.


The Roadrunner

TAP
     TAP
          TAP

at my door.

It is a roadrunner.
He's hungry for more.

"Give me a cockroach,
give me a lizard,
Give me a small snake
or a turkey gizzard.

"Give me something
I'm hunry to eat
then I'll race off--
in the desert heat."

     It is a bright sunny day in Tucson.  I hope it is sunny where you are.  Enjoy your day no matter what the weather is like and have fun writing a poem today.

2 comments:

  1. you make this look so easy--but I know it isn't! Love the poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing poems is like playing the piano. The more you practice, the easier it gets. So have fun practicing and give yourself permission to write some bad poems along the way. We all learn from our mistakes and I make lots of them. You never know when that mistake is going to turn into something funny you can write about or a special gift that you never would have found without the mistake.Isn't poetry fun?

    ReplyDelete