Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

RAINBOWS

 All it takes is light
for rainbows to delight.
Bending light rays, so bright.
Prism refracted, it's a sight. 

Rainbows are in the air.
They are everywhere.
You may not see them.
But they are there.

And although there 
aren't rainbows at night.
You can make one
with a flash light.

   We had a rainbow appear the other morning. I was surprised because we hadn't had rain, just a lot of humidity.  And it got me to thinking about rainbows.  How we don't always see the rainbows, but as long as there are light waves, there is a rainbow.  Can you try writing your own rainbow poem today?  When was the last time you saw one?  Where were you?  What were you doing?  How did it make you feel?  What would you do if you had a rainbow in your pocket?  Have fun writing.

 

I want to be free; rainbow round my shoulder, wings on my feet.  Old folk song quoted in Wings on My Feet, Howard W. Odum, 1929

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    A lesson is present in a lovely photo and poem. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is full of lessons, if we only take the time to listen and observe. Thanks Linda for being present everyday, every moment.

      Delete