Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Geometry

Here is another poem from the novel in verse.  I actually enjoy trying to include some math in poems.  Your comments on this one are certainly welcome.



GEOMETRY

Mr. Harker tries
to stretch
our minds.

He says
geometry
is easy.

He rushes
to the board
turns back to us.

It's like playing pool
or my favorite video game PONG
I played it as a kid.

Simple easy, peasy.
Just remember this:
the angle of incidence
=
the angle of refraction.

It's a physical law.
I'm not sure about this.
What is his angle?
I've learned
everyone has one.

No comments:

Post a Comment