Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Cactus Wren Song

On top of a Saguaro
all covered in spines
sang a brown cactus wren
in a song that was fine.

This little brown bird
flew to the Palo Verde tree,
his loud trilling song
was quite pleasing to me.

     Do bird songs cheer you?  I heard this one at the end of my morning walk.  I was just coming back up the hill to my house when I saw the bird sitting on top of the tallest Saguaro singing his heart out.  It gave me a real lift and I felt like if that little bird can be happy that it is a sunny day, I too, should be happy for today.  I hope you are happy today.  Can you write a list poem today about all the things that make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment