Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Little Lambs

I am a little lamb.
I like to jump and leap.
When I grow a little bit
then I'll be a sheep.
Jump, jump leap.
Jump, jump, bleat.

     I'm home and ready to go to work.  There is so much to do.  But before I go into all the details of coming home and the problems I'm facing, let's get this poem posted!  Sorry it was late, I didn't have internet services until 10 minutes ago.
     I got to see my poem in Highlight's High Five today.  That felt so cool.  Can you write a short poem today?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one... belongs in a kids poetry book or magazine... maybe a jumprope chant. Hope u did ok today.. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet poem, Joy!
    Congrats on the Highlight's High Five - looking forward to seeing it. You deserve all your successes!

    ReplyDelete