Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Early Morning

Morning comes
the sun rises red,
I want to stay
at home in bed.

My pillow is soft.
My quilt is warm.
If I stay here
I'll come to no harm.

     Do you have mornings when you'd rather just stay in bed?  When you want to just turn over and go back to sleep?  A poem written about the morning is called an aubade, if it's written about the night, or evening it is called a serenade.  Can you write your own poem about the morning--your aubade?   Make it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment