Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fourth Street Fair

Hey, it's Saturday.
I want to play.
I'm going to
the Street Fair today.
I'm all ready.
Yeah!

 The street fair was really crowded.
 folks came from everywhere.
 Craft, and art
food and friends
were all out on our street.

Notice the mountains in the background and it was very warm yesterday so lots of people were in shorts.

 There were artists
painting pictures.
And people exploring art.

 But most of all we
just walked the street
looking at all
the new things
to meet.
 The stores along Fourth Street
set out balloons
and their best wares.
Goods and wares,
wish you had been there
to be with with me
to ooh and aah
over all we'd see.

1 comment:

  1. I went to Fourth Friday here last night. It was FUN! I can't wait to hear what poem you create based on the street fair.

    ReplyDelete