Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Polar Bear

Polar Bear
on an ice floe      the moon is shining bright.
                                     
Polar Bear
on an ice floe     his coat drips wet and white.

Polar Bear
on an ice floe      catches fish with his paws.

Polar Bear
on an ice floe      eats seals with his claws.

Polar Bear
on an ice floe      he's hungry as can be.

Polar Bear
on an ice floe      I hope he doesn't see me.



     This is a poem for two voices.  Can you try writing our own poem for two voices today?  Have fun writing.

     The Poetry Friday Roundup is hosted by Catherine Johnson this week.  Hop over to her blog for more poetry fun.  Have a great Friday the Thirteenth.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. I like the idea of two-voice poems. I haven't tried that form yet, but I intend to. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it, Rosi. It is a fun form. Have fun writing.

      Delete
  2. Cute poem, Joy. I tried a similar form the other day with the second line repeating and it was called a chant poem.

    ReplyDelete