Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, December 11, 2014

ELEPHANTS

COPYRIGHT 2014,Joy Acey



Hold up, Mommy.
Don't walk away.
This grass is good.
I want to stay.

I'll grab your tail.
That's what I'll do.
Because I don't
want to lose you.

I'll try as I may
to hold on tight.
Don't want to let you
out of my sight.



   Elephants have six sets of teeth that they wear through at about one set every ten years.  Their teeth are mostly molars with flat surfaces on top.  Elephants are endangered because many are killed each year for their ivory tusks.  Many of the babies fall down wells and then starve and die.  What do you know about our largest land animals?  Do you have a favorite book about elephants?
Can you write your own elephant poem today?

copyright2014, Joy Acey

No comments:

Post a Comment