Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

TOPI

copyright 2014, Joy Acey
A topi is an African antelope.
Their numbers are decreasing
but there is hope.
Their coat is distinctive
with purplish gray.
I hope the topi
don't all fade away.


copyright 2014, Joy Acey

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I am with you. I hope HOPE turns to reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practically my whole trip to Kenya I felt awe in the presence of all the beautiful wild life. I know even five years from now it won't be the same. With tourism decreasing this year and more and more people out of work and needing to feed their families, more animals will be poached and killed. It really is sad.

      Delete