Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

January 9, 2015

I got back from a week's trip to China and I'm way behind in my work.  Did you know that China controls their internet so there isn't Google, Facebook, or Blogspot?  So I couldn't post while I was there.
I did write my poem-a-day, I just couldn't post it.  I'll try to catch up.  Mostly I wrote haiku because like Basho, I found it was easy to work out poems in my head while I was walking visiting the sights and then write the poem down in the evening when I got back to my hotel room.
So here is the haiku for January 9, 2015

Seventeen hours
Over date line and time zones
Disorienting

   I enjoyed the word play on this poem since I was travelling to the Orient.  Now that I'm home, my body still hasn't adjusted to the time change and sitting on an airplane for 14 hours straight is tough. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you adjust the time change soon. You offer us a view into a world many of us will never see. Thank you, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know, Linda. When I graduated from college I thought if I got to Europe once, I'd be very lucky. And now I need two hands to count all the wonderful places I've gone and the things I've seen. Life is just amazing.

      Delete