Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 19, 2015

FERMATA

Fermata, one-eyed owl
a musical symbol
go back, start over
repeat from here.

I want those owls
to show the way
I need to return
to finish in music.


   Do you know what a fermata is?  It is a musical symbol that looks like a one-eyed owl.  What other musical symbols do you know?  Can you try writing your own musical poem today.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    This reminded me of the "one-eyed purple people eater" song. Our brains take us in all different directions. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine what the lyricist who wrote those words was thinking? Who could have imagined that would become a popular song to last through ages?

      Delete