Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, April 13, 2015

MEET ME

Meet me in the garden
in the spot where pixies play.
We can watch the flowers grow
on this springtime day.

Have tea with me in the garden
by the flowers the fairies grow.
We can sip from honeysuckles
while you tell me all you know.


   If you had an imaginary garden, who would meet you there?  Can you write your own poem about that today?  Have fun imagining.

4 comments:

  1. Just thought I should give you a link to MaryLou, who wrote a Clogyrnach after reading my post, after I read your post with a Clogyrnach, after you read a post that sent you searching for a new format! http://loulymar.blogspot.com/2015/04/l-is-for-love-to-z-blogging-challenge.html
    And mine: http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com/2015/04/sunday-robin-clogymach.html
    It's kind of fun to see where we can end up when "you tell me all you know" becomes a "theme" and we all run with it!
    I am waiting with great anticipation for our fairies and honeysuckle...I think they are waiting for all our snow to be melted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna,
      I'm enjoying reading poems in the clogymach form.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    I'm hoping fairies and pixies and imaginary gardens will be a collection all their own one day! I'd love it. I think children would too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. First I need enough good poems and I need to let my imagination fly a little freer. I wonder, as an adult, can I have a fairy for an imaginary friend?

      Delete