Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

WEATHER

Some days are cloudy.
Some days are hot.
Some days are rainy.
Some days are not.

Some days have rainbows.
Some days wind blows.
Some days are cold.
Some days it snows.


What ever the weather
Can we get together?


    What is the weather like in your part of the world?  My niece lives in Sydney, Australia, so she is having late fall weather.  It will soon be winter there.  My friend lives in Colorado and they had snow two weeks ago. I'm in Tucson and we're having hot, hot sunny weather.  All over the world the weather is different.  Your challenge for today is to write a poem about what the weather is like outside your window.  Have a great day enjoying your writing and your weather.
    Normally, I do NOT start every line of a poem with a capital letter.  In this poem I chose to do that.  Can you guess why I started every line with a capital in this poem? 

No comments:

Post a Comment