Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

HAPPY VETERANS DAY

My grandpa served in Vietnam.
His daddy in World War II
My dad was in Desert Storm.
He's a veteran too.

I'm proud we have veterans,
and I'm glad for all they do.
I know they keep us free
and safe, they're true
red, white, and blue.

So each night
when I go to bed
and I say a prayer,
I ask for peace
around the world
for people,
everywhere.

  Do you know someone who is a veteran?  When and where did he or she serve?  What can you do today to thank that person for their service to our country?  Can you write your own poem to a veteran today?  Have fun writing.

True patriotism sometimes requires men to act contrary...  Robert E. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment