Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Listening to Nature's Poetry


 


Each morning when I rise

I find to my surprise
a gift Nature has written to me
another verse of poetry.

Do you like watching Nature outside your window?  I have a thistle bird feeder and two hummingbird feeders outside my windows so I can watch and listen to the birds.  Now that winter is arriving, we have more birds coming to the feeders.  Can you try writing your own poem about nature today?  Have fun watching, listening and writing.

Choose to be happy today.  What happy things can you plan to do? 

2 comments:

  1. Another verse of poetry--from nature. Lovely! You make my day with your observations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I watch nature from my upstairs each morning as it announces a new day. I love how you described what nature has to offer. I would like to show this poem of yours to the teachers I will be working with next week. Perhaps, they will visit your site after that.

    ReplyDelete