Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

An egret sits
in the mango tree.
Preening his feathers
so patiently.
He knows
what the world
may not see,
it is very nice
in Hawai'i.

  What is your most favorite place in the world?  Your town?  Your school, your bed, the ice cream store, the moon, the beach, at the movies?  What makes it special for you?  Think about using your senses to describe your favorite place.  Can you craft a poem from your description?  Maybe you'd like to try writing it as a riddle poem.  Have fun writing.

Beside the noble art of getting things done, there is the nobler art of leaving things undone.  Lin Yutang

2 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed. Most would call it paradise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Come visit me. I'm thinking I should organize a workshop here.

      Delete