Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dream Thrower

I want to be a dream thrower,
like a baseball pitcher,
tossing good dreams to you.
Let me bring the genies,
and the fairies.

I want to be a dream thrower.
Let me sail a magic carpet 
for you to climb upon.
Then we can speed away
on  a wild ride.

I want to be a dream thrower.
Let me call upon the flying dragon,
the hot air balloon,
the pixie dust--
so we can soar 
through the sky.

I want to be a dream thrower,
so I can make tea for you
and invite the King and Queen.  
Let me bring my paint box
and we'll paint everything
in vibrant hues.  

And if I am a dream thrower,
I'm sure you will see
this world is
an exciting place to be;
all we have to do
is use our creativity.  


       I hope this poem got your imagination stirring.  If you were a dream thrower, what dreams would you create?  Please write a poem about your dream. 

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    You make me long to read a fairy tale, a fantasy, and more of your poetry.

    ReplyDelete