Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look! Look!

I know a boy
who dyes his hair.
When he goes out
to anywhere
young children point
and also stare.
"Mommy," they say,
"Look at that boy
with the blue hair."


     Hair is a fun thing to write a poem about.  From Edward Lear's beard to Michael Finnigan who had his whiskers blown out by the wind.  Just this week I heard about a barber who cuts  portraits of famous people into men's hair cuts.  Yesterday's newspaper funnies had a cartoon with a woman who had gotten her cat tangled into her long hair.  So, can you write your own hair poem?

2 comments:

  1. I like it... is a happy poem.... get rid of young... love u... cloey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    Hair is a great topic for a poem or comic. I watched Big Bang Theory last night and the show centered around a character needing a haircut. It was funny how stressed out the character became over his hair.

    ReplyDelete