Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Poison Dart Frog






Nature can be deadly.
Watch out
for the poison dart frog.
Natives catch them
on a palm frond
gently squeeze
and the frog secretes
a deadly liquid
for the tips of poison darts.

  
     This tiny frog looks so cute, but do not touch.  In the dim forest light the yellow stripes glow.
    Can you try writing a poem today about frogs?

7 comments:

  1. Poison Dart Frogs. Oh my! Watch out! The rainforest is full of beauty, wonder, danger, and suspense. Did you hike there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely, I did a lot of hiking. I saw five different kinds of monkeys. It was really neat. Our guide Juan Luis kept us out of trouble and showed us many beautiful and often dangerous jungle wonders. We slept under mosquito netting with an open wall to the jungle, cold showers and no doors, just draped curtains. Not the sort of trip for everyone, but it was a great experience and I had a good time. I'm glad you are enjoying my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that. Lovely. I am enjoying your trip through this blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete