Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Butterfly

Let me rest a moment
upon this green leaf
before I flit away

Being a butterfly
means enjoying
the jungle
before I fly away.

     This butterfly is another Peru picture.  This is a persona poem written from the view of the butterfly.  can you try writing a persona poem today.  If you are stumped for whose point of view to write from, close your eyes and then open them.  What do you see?  Think small.  Write from the view point of what you see.  For instance, when I open my eyes, the television is in front of me.  But if I think small,I see the off-on button on the television.  How do you think that button feels with people all the time turning it, pushing it? Do you think the button would be boastful about all the people who push his buttons?  Would it laugh and giggle from being tickled?  Would it whine and complain? Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I can hear a comparison going on between you and the butterfly. You had to fly away from the jungle and on home just like the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda.
    Perhaps this is why I think the poem is a little sad.

    ReplyDelete