Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Me

I'm five
and for my school picture
I'm wearing a dress
starched and pressed.
Mother has pinned
a gardenia in my hair.
And Mother is upset
that yesterday
I took the scissors
and cut
my own bangs.


     Do you like your school pictures?  For today, let's try writing a poem about your experience with school pictures.  Did you ever forget it was picture day?  Were you ever sick on picture day?  Did your hair get messed before the picture?

3 comments:

  1. Great picture and I personally think you did a fine job on your bangs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joy,
    You are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Love you.

    ReplyDelete