Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A CRICK IN MY BACK

My body feels twisted
like a figure eight.
So I stretch and reach
To get my back straight.

I stand up tall
and straight like a tree
reach for the roof
I'm good already.


     Isn't crick a funny word?  Do you ever wake up with the feeling that your bones aren't in the right order, that they aren't aligned?  What do you do when that happens to you?  Have you ever watched a dog trying to get the kinks out?
A dog rolls around on his back.  A cat humps its back and stretches out its legs. Your challenge for to day is to write a poem that describes what you or an animal does to shake your body out.  Have fun stretching in your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment