Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WE DON'T EAT TUNA!

My pet Charlie
is a fish.
He swims around
in his dish.
When I feed him
he darts to the top.
He swims and swims
and does not stop.


         Do you know why fish keep swimming?  The water that flows over and through their gills helps them to breathe.  Do you have a pet?  Even a pet rock?  What is a pet?  Have you ever been called "teacher's pet"?  Today can you write a poem about your pet, real or imaginary?  Oops, my pet dragon is calling; he wants to be fed.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I loved the playfulness of today's post. Maybe a fish swimming and swimming is like a dog wagging and wagging his tail.

    ReplyDelete