Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

I'm late

I'm late, I'm late!
Oh, what can I say?
I thought I might take
a holiday. (I'm sorry.)

I didn't write a poem.
Oh, what should I do?
I don't want to disappoint
me and all my friends too.

Oh look, oh look.
I know what I'll do.
This is the poem,
I've written for you.

     Gosh, I'm sorry I'm so late today.  Can I say it is Saturday and life got in the way? 
     I want to share that Jone MacCulloch has interviewed me on her blog and today has a poem of mine posted  here   If you back up to Wednesday on her blog you'll see a picture of me when I was in grade school.  The poem she has posted is my FISH from the POETRY FRIDAY ANTHOLOGY.  Thank you Jone and I hope you are doing better after your accident.  I wish you a speedy recovery.
     Your challenge for today is to write an apology poem from the point of view of an insect or animal.  Your dog might apologize for eating your shoe (or your homework), a mosquito might apologize for biting you.  What other possibilities can you think of?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    You are so good about posting no matter what. No need to apologize. You came through. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was sorta surprised myself when I saw I'd written a poem about
    Not writing a poem. Is that an oxymoron?

    ReplyDelete