Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday

Sunday is a fun day
For you and me to play.
Let's go for a hike,
What do you say?

We can play geologists
It's not vey hard.
We can dig for oil
In my back yard.

Or what if we had a tea party
On the village green.
You may invite all the fairies
That you've ever seen.

Sunday is the best day
For imaginative play. 
Won't you come and be with me
Before you run away.

     I hope you have a great time today.  Can you find a little time for reading and writing a poem?

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I love the idea of career play day--a career a day and how to play that way. I see another book idea here! Elementary school counselors and teachers would love it. Maybe a source that buys products produced by educators would be interested like Youth Light or Marco Products. Please think on it! You could also create activities to accompany the poems. Joy, you have so much to offer children. You are one super poet!

    ReplyDelete