Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two spiny lizards
chase across the stucco wall
enjoying their spring


     Today's poem is a haiku.  I like to think that even when I can't think what to write, I can come up with a haiku.  I was really busy yesterday, I went to the gym; I did my morning walk, I went to the dentist.  I should have been thinking poetry all that time, but I was worried about other things, so this is what you get today.  I actually like this haiku a lot.  I like the way the last line has more than one meaning.  A desert spiny lizard is a big one, about 10 inches long.  I watched this couple from my shower this morning.
   Your challenge for today is to write your own poem about an indication you have that it is springtime.

   My copy of LIFTING THE SKY, Southwestern Haiku and Haiga came in the mail this week with four of my haiku published by Dos Gatos Press .

2 comments:

  1. Good one Joy. Congratulations on getting four of your haiku poems published. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news-how excited you must be! I do like the haiku, and I was going to ask about the "spring"-clever! You've made me wonder what it would be like to view a 10 inch lizard outside while I took my shower?

    ReplyDelete