Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dealing

The bully taunted,
come on, even the score,
as he stomped his foot
upon the floor.
He was yelling
fairly loud
as he started 
to draw a crowd.
I told him I didn't
want to play,
and then just turned
and walked away.


     Have you ever been taunted and teased?  What did you do?  How did you handle the situation?  Can you write a poem today about being teased?  

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Another great one to use in discussions with kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I was thinking about you as I was writing this poem. Thanks for reading my poem.

      Delete
  2. Terrific poem. This should start a lot of conversations and, hopefully, a lot of thinking. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete