Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

LUCKY ME!






I found a penny
walking to school.
I felt so lucky.
I felt so cool.

There's just one problem,
don't know what to do.
Does this penny
belong to you?


     I did find a penny on my morning walk and started composing this poem.  I had fun with the idea of the phrase "walking to school" modifying the penny and not the "I."  If those two phrases are reversed in order it makes more sense.  Pardon my pun.
Always, when I find money, I think of the person who lost the money.  Was the money needed?  Will it be missed? 
    Did you ever lose money?  What is something else you lost or misplaced?  Can you write a poem about that today?  Or would you like to write a poem about something you found?  Have fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute illustration! Sometimes when I drop a penny, if it lands heads-up I'll leave it there for someone else to find. Maybe that is what happened -- someone giving you a bit of luck on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tabatha for passing on the good luck.
    Actually, that is something I've wanted to do--get a roll of shiny new pennies and then go to a school yard and drop the pennies around the school to see what the kids would do. Actually my plan was to do this for several weekends just to see how the kids would react. I'm sure it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy,
    I love your penny project idea. You'll have to let us know if you try it.

    ReplyDelete