Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

MOUTH PROBLEMS

Sometimes I stutter.
I hem and I haw.
My tongue gets stuck.
I can't move my jaw.

My mouth gets mixed up
and I say well and er.
Till my brain catches up
so I can speak clearer. 

   Do you ever have times when you just can't get your mouth to work right?  Can you remember a time when you said the wrong thing?  Or what you said came out all wrong?  Have you seen this happen to someone else?  Can you write a poem about this today?  Have fun thinking about this poem.

Children's poetry is filled with laughter.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, this has happened, to me, Joy! Sometimes my mouth has a hard time catching up to my brain. Great poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I remember an incident where I was leading a fundraiser meeting. Something I had never done. I'm not sure how much of what I said made any sense. I think the committee took pity on me. Everyone jumped in and got things rolling. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to be surrounded by supportive friends. I'm not great at fundraising either. I'll bet you are great at leading fund raising groups now. You're super awesome. Go girl!

      Delete