Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thanks

Thanks for the happy.
It's been a good day.
You came to visit
and we got to play.

 It has been another hot, summer day. But somewhere along my day I stumbled upon the line "Thanks for the happy."  It is a little bit different and I wanted to put it into a poem.  I call this using "fresh" language--saying things in a way you wouldn't normally hear.  Can you think of another way to say It has been a good day?  Try writing your own poem today using fresh language.
 
 In writing children's poetry, one needs to allow the meaning to emerge at it's own pace.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Linda, every time I look at the picture of you in your jester hat, it makes me smile.
      Hope you are having a great summer.

      Delete