Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sunday, July 19, 2015

LET'S DANCE

For the last time
he is dancing with her
into the Universe.

How they waltz
up to the stars.
They look small
in the vast cosmos.

She is light.
He is stardust.
Yes, they sparkle
as they step into the unknown.

They play hide and seek
in their steps, merely ashes releasing
the future for their children
and their children's children.

Suspended in smokey puffs
like rising bubbles
come to the surface of water.
Where are they going?

Where will these dance steps
take them now that they
no longer are held 
to earthly bodies?

They are larger than the earth
that bound them.  Their steps
one and two and three and
encircle and rain grace
upon us all.

   Sorry, I am late with yesterday's poem.  I went hiking in Sedona, AZ this weekend and didn't get home until late and I was dog tired after  the long drive home.  This poem is for older students.  It is a little weird, but then I take the poems that come to me and worry about what to do with them in revision.  Something good will come.  For now, just enjoy the words and the music for the dance. Hope you had a great weekend.

Writing poetry for children is a BIG adventure.  You never know where the path might lead.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Something good has already come--a beautiful dance in the universe! You stretched my imagination and made me ponder about who is dancing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks for putting the time in to try to understand this poem. It was one of those things that just came. It still needs lots of work.

      Delete