Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Ice Cream Month

I love ice cream,
in a cone or a dish,
on a spoon or a stick.

In July I dream,
I want my wish,
to eat a different flavor
every day that I pick.

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?  I'm thinking it would be cool if I could eat a different flavor of ice cream every day during National Ice Cream Month.  Can you try writing your own ice cream poem today?

A children's poet finds things to love and write about.

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream is hard to beat!
    Especially in this heat!
    "Ice cream," I scream
    I scream, "Ice cream."
    Ice cream is hard to beat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha. Yesterday I was at a function where dessert was home made ice cream. Chocolate fudge syrup, cut strawberries and whipped cream, even toasted sliced almonds and sugary jimmies were available to go on top. Now there is a question, why are the sugar sprinkles called jimmies? More research. What fun!

      Delete