Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

PINK BOOTS


I've worn pink boots 
in Boston
and in Botany Bay.
Worn them in Tampa
and old Santa Fe.

I wear my pink boots
where ever I go.
They're the best fitting boots
and my feet
ought to know.

I treasure my boots.
That's what I do.
I bet you wish you
had pink boots too?

   I saw these boots on a 7 year old at Costco and I thought they were just too cute.  I wanted some.  But, I knew how I could make those boots my own.  All I had to do was write a poem about Pink Boots.  If you had pink boots, where else could you walk to or wear them?  Do you have an object you wish you had?  Can you write a poem about the object?  Have fun writing your poem.  Hmmmm, I've always wanted a magic carpet too, so I could fly away.

I pick my clothes for comfort, not style.

4 comments:

  1. Perfect color for wearing in an October walk for breast cancer awareness! I bet the child was pleased to have someone photograph her treasured boots. I also imagined wearing them when visiting flamingos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I like the idea of pink flamingoes in boots. Shoes have always been an issue for me. My left foot is a whole size larger than the right. I have long toes and wear a size 10. I have since fourth grade. So, although I love the look of boots, they have never felt comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy,
    I love it! I can see it. Flamingos square dancing, line dancing, whatever strikes your fancy, in pink boots of course!

    Do you buy two pair of shoes to get one pair that fits or pad one shoe to work? I think you should find a way to incorporate a kid who wears two sizes of shoes into a story. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some great ideas here. I'll store them away.
      I buy shoes in the size of the larger foot. Yes, and then I pad, inserts and heel pads, to get the smaller foot shoe to stay on. Tennis and running shoes aren't a problem, but hiking boots, heels, and sling backs cause problems.

      Delete