Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

HAIKU


I awake to rain
misting old mountains
sunrise shines for rainbows

 This morning's  rainbow comes to ground at the end of my driveway.  It reminds me a pot of metaphorical gold is on my property.  How could one NOT want to get up with the sunrise when this is the view you get? 
Can you see the double rainbow?  Notice how the colors mirror one another?  Today is a day for writing springtime haiku.  Can you write your own haiku?  Remember to keep it in present tense--something I obviously have difficulty doing.  Today we've had rain off and on all day again too.  One of the Kauai hens is sheltering from the rain under one of my palm trees. She needs a raincoat.

Rain in Hawaiian is he ua, rainbow is he anuenue.

I am either going to be a good writer or a poor fool. Theodore Roethke.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfectly lovely, Joy, and so is yesterday's posting. I am partial to waddling ducks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete