Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Game Time




In the afternoon
when teacher
turns us loose
my friends and I
play duck, duck,
goose.

We tap
the goose
and then
we run.
Duck, duck
goose is
so much fun.


   What is your favorite circle game?  Do you know Ring-Around-the-Rosy, Flying Dutchman, Drop the Handkerchief, Squirrels-in-a-Tree?  What other games do you know?  Can you write a poem today for one of your games?  Would someone reading your poem know how to play the game?  Have fun thinking about what to write and how you are going to put your poem together.  Then have fun writing.  Try drawing a picture to go with your poem.

   He said, we can't all be Cinderella or the prince.  I want to know why.  I believe we can.

2 comments:

  1. I remember loving Duck, Duck, Goose! Thanks for the fun poem, Joy - playing is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you like the one goose wearing glasses?

    ReplyDelete